This year’s service for secondary schools will provide schools with interactive self-evaluation dashboards based on KS5 A-level results.
How to upload your KS5 results – getting started
- Log in to FFT Aspire using your regular Aspire account details: https://fftaspire.org
Note that you’ll need ‘Manage Data’ permissions to complete this task.
- Click the Spanner icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Under ‘Manage data’, click ‘2020 FFT Results Service’ and then select the Key Stage 4 option.
Step 1 – Downloading your results template
There are 3 options depending on your school’s Aspire Data Exchange status:
a. If you have set up Aspire Data Exchange we have populated your Year 13 pupils for you.
b. If you haven’t set up Aspire Data Exchange then we have populated your template with the information we have in Aspire for your Year 13 cohort. This is based on the latest census data we have received.
c. If you do not have Aspire Data Exchange or Year 13 pupils in Aspire then we have provided a blank template where you will need to add the following pupil data alongside the results.
• Organisation (text)
• DfE number (7 digit) *
• Key stage (5)
• Year (13)
• UPN (valid)
• Forename (text)
• Surname (text)
• Day (day of birth 1-31)
• Month (month of birth (1-12)
• Year (year of birth eg 2001, 2002)
• Gender (Female or Male)
• Results (*, A, B, C, D, E, U)
* To find your school’s 7 digit DFE number please visit: https://get-information-schools.service.gov.uk/
Click on the ‘Excel XLSX’ button to download your template
• The subjects and qualifications have been taken from the DfE’s list of approved qualifications. Subjects and qualifications cannot be removed from or added to the spreadsheet.
• You can add and delete pupils in the template
• Please only include Year 13 pupils who would have taken A-levels in the academic year 2019/20
Step 2 – Entering pupil results
The KS5 spreadsheet includes the discount code, valid results and subjects. Please ensure that you only use results that match the valid results displayed. If an invalid result is added the file will fail the upload validation. We have also provided a dropdown for each subject which allows you to choose the valid result:
Once you’ve added all your results, save your file in Excel format using the following filename format which must
include your school’s DfE Number:
e.g. 2020_KS5_FRS_1231234 where 1231234 is your school’s 7-digit DfE number.
Step 3 – Confirmation
Before you start the upload process, it is important that you read the terms and conditions for this service. Once you are happy, tick the box and click the ‘Confirm’ button to take you to the next step. If you don’t tick AND press the confirm button then we will not be able to process your data or provide your school with a report.
Step 4 – Submitting your results
Once you have ticked and confirmed the terms and conditions you can upload your completed template by clicking the ‘Choose file’ button and selecting your completed Excel file. Make sure that you upload the completed file containing your own pupil data and not the original blank template that you downloaded initially. The system will check the file to make sure that it is valid and doesn’t contain any errors.
What happens next?
Once you’ve uploaded your results via the Excel spreadsheet then that’s it! We’ll collect the data at 5pm on Friday 4 September, using the latest file that you’ve uploaded. In October you will receive full KS5 Aspire 2020
interactive subject self-evaluation dashboards.
|18 August||Schools can start to upload their KS5 A level results to Aspire via a pre-populated Excel template.|
|4 September||Closing date for schools KS5 uploading results.|
|October.||Schools receive full KS5 Aspire 2020 interactive subject self-evaluation dashboards.|